Freelance Project Worker Vacancy
Post: Project Worker
Hours: Part-time, at least 3 days per week
Rate: Negotiable, dependent on experience
Employment: Freelance, initially for a three-month period, with the potential to develop into a long-term role
Start date: Beginning of June 2016
Zardi & Zardi are tapestry specialists, supplying custom reproductions, fabrics and wallpapers. For more information please explore our website.
The Company is currently in a period of growth and transition, having recently entered a new distribution agreement with a London-based furnishings company, Watts of Westminster. Having previously focused on bespoke products and services, we are now developing a new range of ready-made wall-hangings, wallpapers and drapery. We urgently require a new member of staff to focus on this project, to support the Director in the creation of approximately 60 new products.
- The creation of ‘product sheets’ for each new product in the range, within the categories of wall-hangings, wallpaper and drapery
- These product sheets will contain precise details such as measurements, drop layouts and technical specifications, within a set template
- The creation of ‘print files’ for each new product. These are the files which will be used by our wallpaper and fabric printers when an order is placed
- IT skills, particularly Photoshop and MS Office
- Ability to focus and maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Methodical way of working
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of carrying out similar work
- Knowledge or experience of the interiors / design / print industry
- Experience of working in a creative environment
The studio is based within the Director’s home, in a barn conversion in the village of Edge (GL6 6NJ). Although it is possible to commute by public transport, we are based in a very rural location and therefore applicants should consider travel arrangements before applying.
Deadline for applications: Friday 27 May
Informal interviews: During the week commencing 30 May
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter, ensuring to provide information on how you meet the criteria above. Please also include information on your availability for work and indicate any dates that you are not available for interview.